Friday, July 22, 2011

How To Drink More Water to Increase Metabolism and Improve Your Skin



Certain habits together can increase your metabolism, or your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate.) There are at least eight habits to increase your RMR. I want to emphasize one of them today – aim to drink three liters of water per day, especially in this heat. Remember, it’s not all or nothing. If you can’t drink three liters, just get as close to that amount as possible. Here are some suggestions to increase your water intake.

● Drink at least one glass of water when you wake up. (I drink at least a glass after my morning coffee or tea, because I know coffee or tea makes us lose water.)
● Drink at least a glass of water before and/or during a meal. (Also, the more water you drink before and during a meal, the less you will be able to eat and still feel full.)
● Have a gallon bottle of water around, at least at home. I know I’ve been drinking at least half a gallon of water per day this past month because I finish at least half a gallon-bottle per day at home, and this is only at home.
● Carry at least one water bottle around, 24 fl. Oz or larger. Obviously, carrying a gallon water bottle is unrealistic. Refill your water bottle whenever you have a chance throughout the day.
● Look for different ways throughout the day to get additional water. For example, when I buy tea or coffee at Starbucks, I always request for an additional cup of hot water. When I am at work at the college and I buy coffee, I keep the cup throughout the day because I am refilling it with water throughout the day (in addition to my water bottle).

Drinking enough water in hot days is especially important to prevent certain medical problems associated with heat. Also, I feel that if I don’t drink at least half a gallon of water daily in the summer, I get this fatigue probably associated with dehydration. The advantages of drinking enough water are: increasing your metabolism, filling you up at meals while allowing you to eat less, improved circulation, cleansing the system (especially the kidneys), preventing fatigue in some cases, improving your skin tone by hydrating the skin, helping the body cool itself,…

For more lessons like this one, feel free to go to - SpirFit.org

For updates of new posts and for connecting with others who like these readings, feel free to “like” the SpirFit page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/SpirFit/141881909215772

2 comments:

mole removal said...

Yeah, its true. With drinking more and more water would get you better skin. This is quite an amazing information here.

hire man and van said...

For get better and smooth skin it is always good to drink more and more water. I think this is a good guidance provided here.